BackPacks - Add to Vendors

Hi Orange - Or anyone in the know on this! :)
I've just paid for the BackPacks plugin and am looking for advice on compatible plugins to allow me to add the items to vendors/vending machines. I'll be delving into the plugin to see if I can make it happen myself but am assuming it'll require a little assistance.
As an FYI - I am planning to use economic monies to have my players purchase the backpacks. This is for balancing and game immersion reasons!

Happy Wipe Night!

Well, I've managed to get the item and the skin to show up in some of my NPC Vendors, however the item is non functional when purchased. I'm assuming what I've done only connects the visual/cosmetic side of things and doesn't actually look for the functionality of the item.
Do we know any plugins that can get me functionality of an item created by a plugin? Or maybe there's a way for me to blend this with what I have already?

Ok so I've found a possible solution! I grabbed the plugin Custom Store Items by Supreme. It's allowing me to call on commands with spawned in items. SO what I've done is create a faux backpack that I WANT to run the backpack command when opened to give the player their individual backpack.
Now my new trouble is my comprehension on the appropriate syntax here. The command console should read something like backpacks.give {player.name} to my understanding, although for some reason I just can't get it to 'autofill' the players name using the command. Any insight is much appreciated!

The purpose of the above, again, is to get an item that can be placed in a store and sold to players for ingame currency, allowing them to run a 'blanket command' to get them the personalized backpack.