Staffmode

Staffmode: Add functionality similar to old/unsupported umod plugin Staffmode
---
Staffmode is/was a plug available from umod.org but unfortunately doesn't appear to be maintained and at least from personal experience doesn't appear to be 100% functional. It describes itself as follows...

"Staffmode is a plugin that allows the toggling from one group (or set) to another group (set). This plugin is intended for staff groups, but it can be used to toggle other groups".

I'm not certain exactly what the Convert Status plugin does. I took a quick look at the code and I can't tell for sure. Here's a quick rundown of my situation...

We will be having two levels of admins. Two of us are set as owners at the server level and will be doing the majority of the administration. We have another person (perhaps more at some point) who is able to perform some limited administration functions (actions provided by plugins via permission groups) but will not have access to console commands. We wish to allow this secondary admin the ability to play but we are aware of what the perception of playing admins can be. I was excited when I initially saw that the staffmode plugin allowed for the ability to turn off some of these abilities by changing user groups. The fact that this was logged and announced to chat seemed like a decent way to being able to demonstrate our commitment to preventing any admin abuse. And when I noticed that staffmode could do more than basic group switching I started to wonder if it could also allow myself and the other owner to be able to play.

Not all of the features of staffmode would be required but the ability to change permissions (groups) would be key. The ability to log this, or at a minimum announce to chat that the admin was turning on or off admin functionality would be pretty useful. The ability to deactivate the server level admin flag would be great for myself and my other "owner" but that would just be icing as it's more important to me to be able to allow the person who's volunteering to help out as partial admin to be able to play.

So, what do you think? Do you think this might be an option. Or do you maybe have any other suggestions. We're both very new to all of this and learning the best way you can learn... by trying and failing.

Any help you can provide is appreciated. And for what it's worth, evidently my partner in this mess just purchased your Cupboard Protection plugin. :)

Why not create a group for that category and only give that person the perms you need them to have. Like permissions manager and so on